Last week, I met my friend for Marisa for brunch. Now Marisa and I both know how to talk. In fact, the last time we got together for a meal just the two of us, we ended up with parking tickets because we completely lost track of time. Over brunch, we shared another perfect conversation filled with stories and secrets, nods and laughter. Throughout it all, I just kept thinking, "You get me. You really get me."
I am lucky to have a handful of people in my life like that—people who just get me. I know that, and I cherish every single one of them. But I started thinking...this is the kind of gratitude that needs to be shared, don't you think? So I made some cards to send as friendly reminders, letting my family and friends know how I feel.
While I'm sharing, I figured why not share the cards with you, because you probably have someone you want to thank, too. Well, here you are! There are three Friendly Reminder cards, ready to download, print, and share. They'll fit snugly into an A2 envelope, but they're also perfect for dropping into lunches, slipping under doors, or leaving on windshields.
This week's Good, Glad & Lovely list:
- Late-night conversations with Rama after our kids have gone to bed.
- Hearing them babble and giggle in their bedroom the following morning.
- Glitter covered messes.
- Baby girl play dates.
- Walks in the neighborhood, Henry leading the way.
- Hot cocoa, popcorn, and movies on a rainy day.
- Mad Men is back!
- People who aren't afraid to admit they like TV as much as I do.
- Potato leek pizza with fresh thyme and gruyere cheese.
- Coffee with a spoonful of gelato.
- Reaching the bottom of the pile of papers.
- Knowing a bad day—even a bad week—cannot last, and letting me just feel it.
What are your good things today?
The Good, The Glad & The Lovely is an experiment in gratitude. I've been keeping lists of good things in one form or another since I was a girl. I hope you'll join me as I count the positive, accept the not-so-great, and try to do a bit of good, too.